Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders’ students
are encouraged to apply.
Why IHNA Online ?
- Competency based training underpinned by adult learning principles
- Scholarships are available
- Access to 24*7 Online Library
- Experienced educators with industry
- Easy Payment Options
- Finalist and Winner of national and international training award
- Networking Opportunities with peak bodies and industries
- IHNA Online Alumnus Status
- Dedicated Student Support Team
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) – learn as you practise
An online Diploma in Community Services is an investment in your future and will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to deliver high-quality administrative specializations. This course is intended for those who want to promote social justice and optimise human potential. Graduates of this course will use a person-centred approach to integrate customers with services and keep striving to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The Diploma in Community Service provides students with the experience and abilities required to follow their devotion to improving health literacy and building healthy communities through effective governance. This course will provide students with diverse abilities, including the ones mentioned below:
- Design and execute community development and health promotion initiatives
- Evaluate and align complex cases.
- Oversee occupational health and safety in a community service setting
- Collaborate with a diverse population, including aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Efficiently counsel and start communicating through appropriate channels
- Oversee legal and ethical compliance
- Collaborate with government structures and other related institutions to promote community advancement.
- Understand the client’s stage of development as well as provide services accordingly.
- Assess the sociological factors that influence clients and provide effective assistance.
Advocacy, project management, and group collaboration are among the other skills that students will learn. As part of your training, work experience in a community service setting will give you valuable real-world experience
$85,000 / Annual
IHNA (Institute of Health and Nursing Australia) is trusted by more than 𝟏𝟒𝟎𝟎𝟎+ students and has been committed to providing excellence in education and training to meet the needs of the community since 2007.
*Fully online IHNA Online curriculum * Can be completed in as little as 3 months
Intensive Mode: Students are encouraged to complete the course in an intense mode by learning for 40 hours per week or more, with ‘recognition of prior learning’ if available, allowing them to complete the course in as little as 3 months.
Students who complete the Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) online competently may find work in diverse domains as:
- Case worker/manager
- Community services worker
- Pastoral care workers
- Youth worker
- Youth outreach workers
- Family support worker
- Family services coordinator
- Program coordinator
- Child protection workers
- Domestic and family violence worker
Work placement: Complete 120 hours of work experience in a community service organisation.
Develop and implement service courses.
Develop workplace communication strategies
Manage and promote diversity.
Manage legal and ethical compliance.
Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes.
Reflect on and improve own professional practice.
Manage work health and safety.
Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community
work and services.
Undertake project work.
Assess co-existing needs.
Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills.
Coordinate complex case requirements.
Develop, facilitate, and review all aspects of case management.
Provide case management supervision.
Confirm client developmental status.
Work within organisation and government structures
to enable community development outcomes.
During this course, students must qualify for 16 units.
8 Core units
8 Elective units
- Flexible learning options.
- Students can also advance their learning process by scheduling their classes in their free time and completing the course in just 3-6 months.
An affordable way to learn from IHNA Online training experts
MEd, MPH, MS, BA, Diploma in Training Design and Development
Sara has training, teaching and administrative experience in the secondary, tertiary and VET sector, plus research experience spanning over 3 decades. Her professional experience stems from 3 different countries (US, India, Australia). As an educator, she believes it is important to be life-long leamer. Coordinated the READ Program for CALD women. She has been on the Advisory board of community service organization’s in India.
Designation : Training and Business Manager/Course Coordinator
Years of Experience : 29 years
Alma Mater : UWA, UNC-Chapel Hill, Rutgers Univ, SUNY-Potsdam
IHNA Online Admission requirements
There are no formal admission requirements for this certification, applicants must demonstrate their competence to accomplish assignments as specified by the university.
Must be at least 18 years old at the commencement of the course.
Successful completion of course work comparable to an Australian Year 12 course in the applicant’s native country is necessary for admission to this course.
At Orientation, students will participate in a language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment to determine their language, literacy, and numeracy competencies (prior to commencing the courses).
Must be able to perform fundamental computer operations such as maintaining computer files, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, preparing presentations, and being conscious of the social and ethical consequences of Internet usage.
- A National Police Clearance or Australian Federal Police (AFP) Clearance certificate is required.
- Immunisation (this is required for the Professional Experience Placement).
*Additional costs may be incurred depending on the fees charged by the providers to complete these requirements.
Graduates can explore higher-level courses within and across the health-care industry. The following are some potential routes:
- Bachelor of Social Work.
- Bachelor of Public Health.
- CHC62015 Advanced diploma of Community Sector Management.
- CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health.
- CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling.
- CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work.
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders’ students are encouraged to apply.
An affordable way to learn from IHNA Online training experts
RPL and Credit Transfer
Students must submit a portfolio of past evidence, which may include third-party assessments, and partaking in an interview procedure. They can further have their prior learning and work experiences acknowledged in this certification. A practical demonstration of the portfolio presented by the students may also be used to evaluate student’s competencies and expertise, which will give the educators a clear idea. In addition to this mutual recognition and credit transfer allow students to have their previous formal training recognized.
Credit Transfer is only available for Australian qualifications when a student has completed the units considered necessary for a qualification at another registered training organization.
Any other questions in your mind – let us give you some more clarity with the following FAQs:
Community services allows you to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable members of society. Every day, you improve the lives of others. Your initiatives assist those who are most in need of assistance in building better lives and provide them with motivation for a better future.
A career in Early Childhood Education and Care in Australia
Early Childhood Education in Australia gained popularity by the mid-1960s. Early childhood education programs respond to addressing the child’s basic needs and safety to actual education programs for young children which boosts their physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development. Children who receive high-quality early childhood education from birth to five years…Read More