Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders’ students
are encouraged to apply.
Why IHNA Online ?
- Competency based training underpinned by adult learning principles
- Scholarships are available
- Access to 24*7 Online Library
- Experienced educators with industry
- Easy Payment Options
- Finalist and Winner of national and international training award
- Networking Opportunities with peak bodies and industries
- IHNA Online Alumnus Status
- Dedicated Student Support Team
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) – learn as you practise
The importance of early childhood care and education in Australia is evident. Not only do these programs provide children with a strong foundation, but they also have a positive impact on the economy. Pursue Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care to upskill your role as an educator if you are working in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. The course will help you with an overall development in areas like:
- Support children’s wellbeing and development.
- An approved learning framework
- Advanced guidelines on recent policies and procedures undertaken by the Australian government in schools and preschools.
After successfully completing the course, you will acquire the following skills:
- Critical thinking ability
- Nationally accredited course certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Online
There is a huge requirement for educators in early childhood education and care in Australia in the coming years.
How much does a Child care educators make in Australia
$60,000 / Annual
Based on 2 salaries
The average child care educators salary in Australia is $60,000
IHNA (Institute of Health and Nursing Australia) is trusted by more than 𝟏𝟒𝟎𝟎𝟎+ students and has been committed to providing excellence in education and training to meet the needs of the community since 2007.
*Fully online IHNA Online curriculum * Can be completed in as little as 3 months
Intensive Mode: Students are encouraged to complete the course in an intense mode by learning for 40 hours per week or more, with ‘recognition of prior learning’ if available, allowing them to complete the course in as little as 3 months.
After the successful completion of the course the candidates may gain employment as Early childhood educators in various places such as:
- Day care centres
- Family day care
“A convenient way to build your employability skills and advance your career”
Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education & care
Work effectively in children’s education & care
Nurture babies and toddlers
Support children to connect with the natural environment
Observe children to inform practice
Participate in workplace health and safety
Encourage understanding of aboriginal torres strait islander peoples cultures
Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Support inclusion & diversity
Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
Support the holistic learning and development of children
Provide experiences to support children’s Play and Learning
Provide emergency response in an education and care setting
Work with diverse people
Reflect and improve own professional practice
Successful completion of this course requires you to complete a total 17 Units –
- 15 core units
- 2 elective units
An affordable way to learn from IHNA Online training experts
MECHILD, B.Ed., Dip TAE
Sanober has started her career in teaching 20 years ago. She has both National and International experience in teaching and training in education sector. She has worked in varied settings as an Early Childhood educator, high school teacher and now as trainer and assessor. She has 7 years of working as a Childcare educator in reputed centres in Sydney.
Designation : National Course Coordinator
Years of Experience : Around 20 years
IHNA Online Admission requirements
There is no formal entry requirements for this course, however applicants should demonstrate ability to perform task as required by the industry.
IHNA Online Admission requirements
Applicants are required to be 16+ years old and above.
Successful completion of an ACSF test with demonstrated competence as per IHNA Online LLN requirements (issued within the last 12 months from the time of admission).
It is also essential for students to possess basic computer skills.
Student must possess basic computer skills which includes covering the most common usages of a computer, including managing computer files, word processing, using spreadsheets and databases; creating presentations; finding information and communicating using computers; and being aware of social and ethical implications of Internet use.
We have listed down a few additional requirements for professional experience placement check below:
- A satisfactory National Police Clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate (AFP) / NCC will be required for all practical placements.
- Working with children check.
- Applicable immunization certification like COVID-19 Certificate – IHNA Online highly recommends students to complete the immunization process before the Professional Experience Placement start date as some facilities will not provide placement to student without immunization.
There are no pre-requisites or any other training package entry requirements for this course.
Pathways to this Course Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Aged Children and Care
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders’ students are encouraged to apply.
RPL and Credit Transfer
Students must submit a portfolio of past evidence, which may include third-party assessments, and partaking in an interview procedure. They can further have their prior learning and work experiences acknowledged in this certification. A practical demonstration of the portfolio presented by the students may also be used to evaluate student’s competencies and expertise, which will give the educators a clear idea. In addition to this mutual recognition and credit transfer allow students to have their previous formal training recognized.
Credit Transfer is only available for Australian qualifications when a student has completed the units considered necessary for a qualification at another registered training organization.
Among the other evidence, we require a list of:
- A statement of attainment or testamur and transcript is required
- If it is possible to access the students’ USI transcript with their permission; to obtain evidence of completed national recognized training.
- Applicants for credit transfer must complete the credit transfer application form, attach a copy of a verified award or statement of attainment, and submit the application to the course coordinator.
- The course coordinator will further check the submitted award or statement of attainment and grant credit transfer for identical units that have been identified as being completed at another registered training organization.
- The student and the course coordinator must sign the completed credit transfer record.
- Student’s individual training plans will be adjusted to reflect any credit transfer granted.
Any other questions in your mind – let us give you some more clarity with the following FAQs:
To become an early childhood educator the starting requirement will be to complete a 4-years Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or similar Course from a recognised institution. On the other hand, you also have a choice to complete a 2 to 3 years Diploma or certificate course of Early Childhood Education. For more details you can check @https://ihna.edu.au/courses/chc30121-certificate-iii-in-early-childhood-education-and-care/
You learn a plethora of concepts and skills in a certified childhood educator course some of the skills include
- Developing curriculum and study material
- Teaching healthy and safety habits in a proper manner
- Using principles of child psychology
- Human overall development
- Helping young children with language development who has difficulty in speaking
A career in Early Childhood Education and Care in Australia
Early Childhood Education in Australia gained popularity by the mid-1960s. Early childhood education programs respond to addressing the child’s basic needs and safety to actual education programs for young children which boosts their physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development. Children who receive high-quality early childhood education from birth to five years…Read More